Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR1000-100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I bought my VR1000-100 WMR headset 2 weeks ago and everything worked fine, until today. 

During gameplay my headset lost controllers & boundaries. After restart it asked for setting up new boudnary, but during centering WMR portal just showed "make sure there's enough light etc." without any progress . Looks like cameras on my headset went blind and were asking to turn the light on.

Tried to run Camera Frames Samlpe from Windows-universal-samples-master github repository, to see if theres any signal from sensors, but before that i've uninstalled WMR portal, and now cant launch my headset at all.

Is there any way to check my cameras/launch headset without centering it or my only way is to go to hp service center?

My PC meets the requirements. Headset displays were showing the picture (until i wiped out the WMR app), WMR portal recognizes device properly.Windows's device manager shows "HoloLens Sensors" in "Universal Serial Bus devices".

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PainSandwich

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I can see that you've done all the relevant steps to identify the cause of the failure and fix it,

however, it seems to be a hardware malfunction as the issue persists after the diagnosis suggested so far.

That said, I recommend you Contact HP to have the device either repaired or replaced:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

1) Click on this link - https://hp.care/2moMFSc

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PainSandwich

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you have an issue with the Mixed reality headset's controller and the VR environment not recognizing anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Have you installed or updated the latest BIOS & video card drivers?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

1. Open the controller's battery cover.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button. It is located below the batteries.
  3. Press and hold the Windows button for five seconds.
  4. Release both buttons simultaneously. The process of resetting should take about 15 seconds.
  5. Pair your motion controllers with your PC.

Once done, try the below steps:

1. Open the Mixed Reality Portal app on your PC.
  2. In the side menu click on see more.

3. Select set up controllers.

4. In the settings screen you now see, click add Bluetooth or other device.
  5. Open the battery door on your controllers.
  6. Press the small button below the batteries for 2 seconds until the lights flash.

7. When the controllers appear in the list, click connect.

Now, put on your headset and make sure that they're working and tracking OK. If you don't see them as in the image above, hold down the Windows button for two seconds until it vibrates to turn them off.

Then repeat the process to turn them back on again and this should make them both appear in front of you.

Once the controllers have paired over Bluetooth the lights on the ring will stop flashing and instead stay bright and steady.

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. Thank you for replying.

My graphic card drivers are up to date.

It's like my cameras are not working.

Headset cant recognize boundaries, asks for setup. But when i try to center it, it says "Make sure theres enough light in the room and the area in front of your headset is clear."

I've tried to center my headset several times, and it finally managed to see my display for a brief  moment, after i gave it enough jiggle. It sees display just for a moment, but it's long enough so i can click "center" and proceed.

Cant make my controllers appear infront of my headset, no matter how long i shake a headset or how much i turn it.

Headset recognizes when i turn my head around, if it uses cameras for that, then they work. 

I see my controllers in WMR portal, but they have status "lost tracking".  PC receives input from them just fine - i  can navigatie with my controllers in Cliffhouse. 

I did tried to reconnect controllers. Removed them via WMR portal, Windows' Device Manager, re-paired them.  Nothing.

HP Recommended

@PainSandwich

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I can see that you've done all the relevant steps to identify the cause of the failure and fix it,

however, it seems to be a hardware malfunction as the issue persists after the diagnosis suggested so far.

That said, I recommend you Contact HP to have the device either repaired or replaced:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

1) Click on this link - https://hp.care/2moMFSc

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.