Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp usb-c universal dock and HP Omen 17t Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a new HP Omen 17t laptop with a Thunderbolt connection on it. So I also bought an hp usb-c universal dock to use with it at home so I can connect everything to the dock and leave it connected to make things easier. So I connect the dock to my laptop via the Thunderbolt cable made into the dock and then my usb accessories and speaker cable in to the dock. Everything works on it except for the 2 display ports that are on it. So I opened a ticket with HP and they sent me a new dock. The new one does the exact same thing. The display ports dont' provide anythign to the monitor. The do show up in the device manager under "display adpater" but they do not work. Also it does not charge my laptop but I don't care about that as I can just use the regular charger for that. Has anyone else had this problem? Looking for some insight.

Thanks,
Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just want to let everyone know that has an Omen Laptop and wants to use a docking station, the Targus Universal USB-C DV1K-4K Docking Station  works great with the Omen lapotop.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Wheeliesteve

Is it the following one ?

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-usb-c-universal-dock

Looks like it is not compatible (or does not support) Omen machines. Only

Compatible with HP x2 1012 G2; HP x2 612 G2; HP x2 1012 G1; HP ProBook 470 G5; HP ProBook 450 G5; HP ProBook 440 G5; HP ProBook 430 G5; HP ProBook 470 G4; HP ProBook 450 G4; HP ProBook 455 G4; HP ProBook 440 G4; HP ProBook 430 G4; HP ProBook 470 G3; HP ProBook 450 G3; HP ProBook 455 G3; HP ProBook 440 G3; HP ProBook 430 G3; HP ProBook 640 G3; HP ProBook 650 G3; HP ProBook 645 G3; HP ProBook 655 G3; HP ProBook 640 G2; HP ProBook 650 G2; HP ProBook 645 G2; HP ProBook 655 G2; HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2; HP EliteBook 820 G4; HP Elitebook 840 G4; HP EliteBook 850 G4; HP EliteBook 745 G4; HP EliteBook 755 G4; HP EliteBook 725 G4; HP Elitebook 725 G3; HP Elitebook 820 G3; HP Elitebook 745 G3; HP Elitebook 755 G3; HP Elitebook 840 G3; HP Elitebook 850 G3; HP ChromeBook 13 G1; HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2; HP EliteBook Folio G1; HP EliteBook 1030 G1; HP EliteBook 1040 G4; HP EliteBook 1040 G3

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, it is that one. I was hoping because the Thunderbolt 3 connection is not propriatary to HP that it would also work on the Omen. If that's not the case, do you know where I can get a dock that will work with the Omen?

Thanks,
Steve

HP Recommended

@Wheeliesteve

What is the full model number or Product number of your 17t?

If it is the Omen 17t - AN100 CTO.... that one has usb-C but its not Thunderbolt.

HP Recommended

It's a 17t-an100 CTO and when I configured it to order it said it was a Thunderbolt port included or I wouldn't have bought it. Here's a pic of the config:

HP Config.PNG

HP Recommended

It also has the Thunderbolt software installed on it from HP and it shows the USB 3.1 Contoller in the Device Manager that wouldn't be there if it didn't have the Thunderbolt port and just a regular USB C port.TBolt.PNG

HP Recommended

Just want to let everyone know that has an Omen Laptop and wants to use a docking station, the Targus Universal USB-C DV1K-4K Docking Station  works great with the Omen lapotop.

HP Recommended

Apologies @Wheeliesteve

I was lookiing at the wrong document. Thanks for letting us know you found a working dock.

HP Recommended

No problem. It's just kind of sad that the HP dock won't work with the HP Omen. LOl. Doens't make sense but whatever. 

HP Recommended

This is just an update. I've learned that going through the Targus Docking Station, that you can only get up to 60hz on your monitor refresh rate. So I've had to bypass the dock and plug my monitor directly to my laptop as I use it for gaming at a 120hz. Just thought I would let others know in case anyone is looking.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.