Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, this problem has just started happening over the last couple of weeks. After about 10 min use the left eye goes black and a few seconds later the right eye goes black too, this lasts about 5 seconds the both start working again. This cycle then just keeps repeating itself. Hope you can help. Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP have sent me 2 new cables to try and fix this problem without success, one made the problem much worse and the other gave me the same results as my original cable. HP have now sent me a replacement head set and all is working like new again, thanks HP for a great customer service ++++++

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

My HP Reverb G2 Omnicept started this last night as well. No updates..No changes. I tried re seating the connections. Cables to the headset video card and power boxes. Works fine for 10 minutes and starts the cycle. Left eye..Right eye then resets.

I have tried both ends of games with high graphic and low graphics so I dont think its a softwarw issue. Ive also adjusted resolutions and from 90HZ to 60HZ. New cables and junction boxes run about $150. 

Maybe time to get a new headset??

HP Recommended

HP have sent me 2 new cables to try and fix this problem without success, one made the problem much worse and the other gave me the same results as my original cable. HP have now sent me a replacement head set and all is working like new again, thanks HP for a great customer service ++++++

HP Recommended

It started with me last week, too.

I have got just TWO DAYS of my one year warranty left now.  But I reported the problem last week and told them about the warranty if it is NOT the cable.  HP replied that because I have reported the fault within the warranty period, I would still be covered if it turns out not to be the cable.

I have received the cable and tried it and again, the headset still malfunctions as per your same description.

So first thing tomorrow morning I will be on to HP here in the UK to request a replacement headset.

Moreover, I wonder how common this same fault is?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.