Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 24x 144Hz Full HD Gaming Monitor (1920 x 1080) NVIDIA G-Sync & AMD FreeSync compatible, 1ms Respo
Microsoft Windows 11

my monitor is locking itself to 60hz, on windows, the monitor itself and nvidia control panel the option for 144hz is gone, despite me using 144hz for over a year, however the option is now gone and if i attempt to play on 144hz ( through the use of custom resolution and refresh rate testing in the nvidia control panel) the monitor goes black and displays a ' no input detected message, switch back to 1920x1080 @60hz ' message, i need this fixed as games on low refresh rates are not enjoyable and the monitor is failing me currently. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sparep11 

The monitor supports FHD (1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz) max. Its specs:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06434556

What is your machine ? How do you connect them ? You are saying "nvidia control panel the option for 144hz is gone, despite me using 144hz for over a year", I don't believe that on same monitor.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

how is the monitors max 60hz when the monitors name is 144hz? IF this is so then the product violates naming and consumer rights laws and i am eligible to sue as well as report you to the government body that rules over hp, so, i ask again, why can my monitor not run 1920x1080 @ 144hz?

HP Recommended

Hi Sparep11, Wait a second: would you please provide the specific p/n (not serial number!) of your gaming monitor?

Your p/n should end with "#ABA".

If it is the case that the p/n matches any of these three 24-inch HP gaming monitors, then your monitor should have a 144 Hz refresh rate + AMD FreeSync technology: 2W922AA#ABA, 9EK40AA#ABA, or: 2W924AA#ABA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.