Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x2 - 13-r100dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can you help me how can i increase my FPS while playing GAMES particulary League of Legends

i can only got 24FPS sometimes 50FPS is there a possible way that can increase my FPS 

like downloading app. or something??? PLSSSS HElp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gnosaur

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Don't worry I have a few more steps for you,

And please delete or remove the razer Cortez or any other 3rd party application that may eat up your ram 😉

That said, I suggest you follow the steps listed below to improve the FPS on your Intel Graphics adapter: 

• Update the graphics card driver 

• Increase the amount of RAM - by increasing the shared memory under system properties > Advanced > Performance settings > Advanced > Change Virtual memory > use the recommended file size for paging. 

• Make sure the graphics card is not in power saving mode - If you are after the maximum performance of you Intel HD Graphics, make sure you have turned off all of its power saving features. That is why in order to achieve maximum performance you have to make sure that your Windows power plan is not on Power Saver, you can use the Balanced or the High-Performance power plan. You can also click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon (it should be near the clock in the taskbar), select Graphics Properties, then click the Power tab and select Maximum Performance. 

Please, note that although this tip will certainly improve your Intel HD Graphics' performance it will also increase the power it draws, as well as the heat it generates under heavy load (which is the case for games). Caution is advised, especially if you are on a laptop that experiences temperature problems. 

• Set the 3D preference of Intel HD Graphics to "Performance" - This trick will help you improve the frame rate in games. To apply it click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon, select Graphics Properties, then click the 3D tab and move the slider to Performance. In this way, you sacrifice a bit of image quality for improved 3D performance, which should lead to a few more frames per second (FPS)

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@gnosaur

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the FPS has dropped,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

When was the last time it worked without these issues (date)? 

Which games are causing these issues and are they online games or installed on your PC? (Did you check any other game?)

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on HP Forums? 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

  

In the meantime, you may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have a slow performance because you are using the Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 as the OS uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly. 

  

Here's how you do it: 

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings. 

• Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.  

• In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance. 

• click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you for your reply.for your question

1. it happens all the time there i no date that this not happen

2.I only play League of Legends i try DOTA 2 and its desame

3. yes i try a lot like the one that you said i do. but its not working 😞

i download razer cortez but i think it eat all my ram. so what do you think is should do

im not expecting to get a higher FPS or not lag at all. i just want to play ang not getting below 24 or 10 fps

HP Recommended

@gnosaur

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

Don't worry I have a few more steps for you,

And please delete or remove the razer Cortez or any other 3rd party application that may eat up your ram 😉

That said, I suggest you follow the steps listed below to improve the FPS on your Intel Graphics adapter: 

• Update the graphics card driver 

• Increase the amount of RAM - by increasing the shared memory under system properties > Advanced > Performance settings > Advanced > Change Virtual memory > use the recommended file size for paging. 

• Make sure the graphics card is not in power saving mode - If you are after the maximum performance of you Intel HD Graphics, make sure you have turned off all of its power saving features. That is why in order to achieve maximum performance you have to make sure that your Windows power plan is not on Power Saver, you can use the Balanced or the High-Performance power plan. You can also click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon (it should be near the clock in the taskbar), select Graphics Properties, then click the Power tab and select Maximum Performance. 

Please, note that although this tip will certainly improve your Intel HD Graphics' performance it will also increase the power it draws, as well as the heat it generates under heavy load (which is the case for games). Caution is advised, especially if you are on a laptop that experiences temperature problems. 

• Set the 3D preference of Intel HD Graphics to "Performance" - This trick will help you improve the frame rate in games. To apply it click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon, select Graphics Properties, then click the 3D tab and move the slider to Performance. In this way, you sacrifice a bit of image quality for improved 3D performance, which should lead to a few more frames per second (FPS)

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks men it did not improve a lot but much better compare to last time

appreciate your help. any tips to improve more??

Spoiler

HP Recommended

@gnosaur

Thank you for the update,

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

That said, The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.