Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC GT22-0000a (4E977AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I want to add 2 hard drives to my HP45L. There are 2 bays, and two sets of SATA cables, but only one power connector? Am I missing something?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @wefter,

I can't say if you are missing something. No hands on experience with this PC.

Can't wait until HP sells the 45L case as a stand alone option. Will definitely get one. 

The 45L has some innovative cooling stuff going on. I am impressed with the Cryo chamber (patent pending or in effect) which isolates GPU heat from CPU heat. GPU heat get exhausted from the rear of the case, CPU heat is exhausted from the top of the case using an isolated chamber. The GPU heat does not infiltrate the CPU cooling function. I think you can do a 360 mm radiator at the top. Awesome cooling design.

Check the cabling again. HP should have provided two daisy chained SATA power connectors. Contact HP Support if you can't do two SATA HDDs.

Does this PC have a modular power supply? Maybe HP included additional power supply cables having additional SATA power connectors.

Regards

HP Recommended

hi

too bad, there are documents, but not very precise
but a little hard to think, that we have two sata data cables
but not for food
see if it can help at least to check in the box:

Hardware Reference Guide

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-45l-gaming-desktop-pc-gt22-0000a/2100851548/manuals

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.