Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
880-110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I currently have a 880-110 pc with stock air cooling. My processor is a i7-8700 and a gtx 1070 as my graphics card. I was wondering if I could install a Corsair H55 Quiet Edition on my pc, as my processor is running at around 85-90c while playing games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Bovovasco , welcome back to the forum.

The H55 is made to work with the Intel 1151 socket.  Here is the Tech Specs for the cooler:  https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Single-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydr...

The measurements for the radiator are shown in the specifications.  I am not certain if the there is a place in your case to mount the radiator with the fan.  You may want to contact Corsair's Tech Support to see if they know if it is compatible with your case.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't receive a notification.

And what about changing the motherboard of my PC? Would I be able to change to a Micro-atx with the stand-offs at the same place? I know changing motherboards would probably require a separate Windows key to be re bought, but I wanted to upgrade my motherboard to AMD instead of Intel, as they are coming with the 4000 series.

HP Recommended

@Bovovasco, not a problem!

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will tell you what you have to consider when changing motherboards in a HP case: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Moving-HP-Motherboard-to-a-new-gaming-case/ta-p/...

The article is for moving the HP motherboard to another case, but you will have the same concerns.  As you mentioned, the stand-offs will be your major concern.  The front case connectors can cause problems, also.

HP Recommended

My motherboard is a Tampa 2.

So if the stand-offs match, should I test it out? Or just to be safe should I try and move into a new case?

HP Recommended

@Bovovasco, HP has their cases and motherboards made to their specifications.  Therefore, the stand-offs may not be standard.  I have seen many members have problems with moving the motherboard and adding a motherboard to a HP case.  If you can find a motherboard that has the holes in the correct places, the only other problem that you might have is with the front case connectors.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.