Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC IDS Base Models (ArticunoI)
Microsoft Windows 11

I just got my 45L Omen.

I noticed in all the reviews and images that the AIO pump on the CPU has a square RGB light on it.

Is it a cabling issue? The pump works.

I don't want to put in a repair order. It's my first water cooled unit.

AIO pump.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Omoks , welcome to the Community.

I have looked at the ads for the computer and it appears that the pump does have LED/RGB.  If so, there should be a wire that runs from the pump to a LED/RGB block on the motherboard.  Check for this connection and assure that it is tight.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@Omoks , welcome to the Community.

I have looked at the ads for the computer and it appears that the pump does have LED/RGB.  If so, there should be a wire that runs from the pump to a LED/RGB block on the motherboard.  Check for this connection and assure that it is tight.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

HP Recommended

Thanks. I checked and it didn't have it. Literally. 

I also called support and they said they'd had another customer with the same issue.

Also the heat sink for the nvme was messed up so I ended up doing an RMA.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Omoks!  I have been helping in this Community since 2002.  I have seen a few of this type of mistake, but not that many considering the thousands of HP computers sold each year.  Good luck!!

HP Recommended

6415952A-8F53-4D68-BF25-A57D5F37AD9D.jpeg

6DB794CF-95D1-4D1F-8F69-E1303D9E26F2.gif

I’m on the same boat and I returned the first one that didn’t have the rgb on it and talked to numerous customer representatives and managers and was promised that they will install the right part but nope! Sent me the same exact AIO with no rgb. So disappointed and mad because I could of kept the first one but instead I waited over a month and half to receive the same exact computer. Second picture is what’s suppose to look like. I spent $2500 or so and I should get what I paid for. Did you get your issue resolved? 

HP Recommended

Same situation. They offered me a RMA on February 28th. ETA is Aprill 11th ish. 

Just like you said. It'll be disappointing to have waited 2 months just to get the exact same thing.

HP Recommended

What’s an RMA?

HP Recommended

Return Merchandise Authorization aka replacement 

HP Recommended

I had the exact same issue and returned it as well.  So disappointing after waiting two months to receive.  

HP Recommended

Well! Just got my replacement today ND the AIO pump does not have RGB.

My options are return it or keep it. I'll keep it. It's not a big deal.

It just feels like bad marketing. I know the review devices on YouTube did have the AIO pump lit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.