Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0045na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Basically, something is wrong with my Anti Aliasing as well as some other more minor visual issues I am having in all games I play. Comparing it to other pcs with the same settings, they are not experiencing the problems I am. Anti Aliasing, no matter what settings I mess with in game, through nvidia graphics settings, by moving from 1080p monitor to a 4k one, nothing solves the jarring jagged lines and flickering lines I'm seeing in all games. This was not the case in mid 2020, to my memory. In late 2020 my pc got corrupted and sent back to HP. I told them about the issue graphically as well, and they replaced my 2080 ti graphics card with a new one and just reinstalled windows to fix it. Unfortunately the issue still persists. the card is fully up to date. I've searched everywhere online. I've also noticed shadows popping in and out in games and things like this. It all tells me there might be another piece of hardware at fault. 

Any ideas before I try get the pc sent back to hp again? Hoping they'll just replace the entire unit at this point, as it is still fully under their extended fancy warranty. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@laurenharvey04, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologize for the issue with the display. We understand it's gaming computer lets try a few troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Check for the BIOS update?

Tried Adding the game to High performances in the Nivida control panel?

Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE updates the gaming drivers.

Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

In the game bar, click Settings.

Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

The lines and the edges are not smooth, and the objects in the distance have very poor quality, have shimmering effects and appear very pixels.

HP Recommended

Hi@James952,

Check on different Browsers that might fix the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.