Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-160se CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm wondering if I can interchange or replace the left panel on my HP Omen 880-160 with the left panel on the 880-021 so I could have the little window. The case looks almost identical other than the left side.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok it seems the only way I was going to find out is through my own research which ended with the answer yes I believe it would work as the part is used in many other 880 series cases along with the case size is identical between the two. The only problem is that it can only be sourced from 3rd party sites because HP doesn't sell it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@borkhimself , welcome to the Community.

The short answer is, No!  The 880-021 has a Higos motherboard that is AMD and the 880-160 has a Tampa2 motherboard that is Intel.  This means the processor is not compatible.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain what to consider when attempting to move a HP motherboard to a new or different case.  The same possible problems can occur even with two HP cases.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

BTW I am aware that the PC's are different in terms of components my intent is to buy the left panel from the 021 to put on my 160 my question is meant to be centered around that

HP Recommended

Ok at this point I would just like to know if there's anywhere i can find a glass window for the 160

HP Recommended

Ok it seems the only way I was going to find out is through my own research which ended with the answer yes I believe it would work as the part is used in many other 880 series cases along with the case size is identical between the two. The only problem is that it can only be sourced from 3rd party sites because HP doesn't sell it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.