Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Gaming Tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I tried to update my BIOS manually from Windows. I made sure I downloaded the correct BIOS update with my motherboard ID. I turned off all antiviruses firewall, then I proceeded to do the BIOS update. I tried it 2 times and each time it said it failed. I have no clue what's happening but all I know is that my BIOS version right now is AMI F.27, and I'm pretty sure that isn't the correct BIOS I need. I tried using HP Support to find updates and it did nothing. Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@EdwardianTheIV, hey, not a problem.  I was able to find the Product Specifications with the SN.  HP simply wants to protect your investment.  If people have your Serial Number they can steal your computer and claim it as theirs.

Please see my last post for my reply.  As I stated, I am confused, as well.  If your BIOS ain't broke, don't try to fix it.  A failed BIOS makes a great boat anchor out of your computer.  😉

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@EdwardianTheIV , welcome to the forum.

If your computer is working properly and the BIOS update doesn't correct a problem that you are experiencing, I suggest waiting until later to update the BIOS.

If you will provide the full model or product number of the computer I see if I can help further.  Here is a guide to help you find it.

HP Recommended

Hello, sorry for the late reply. My product number is [edited]. Also, my computer is working fine I was just confused to why I have BIOS Version f.27 when my motherboard (Odense2-K) requires version f.25. 

HP Recommended

@EdwardianTheIV, thank you for the additional information.  In the future, please furnish the model or product number, not the Serial Number.  Here is a guide to help you find it.

Here is the latest update from HP for your BIOS:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-power-580-000-desktop-pc-seri...

This has me confused, as well.  I can't explain why your current BIOS is showing as F.27, unless HP had a newer version when they released your computer.  It explains why when you tried to update the BIOS that it failed, however.

HP Recommended

Sorry for giving you the serial number, I got them mixed up.  My product number is Z5N95AA. 

HP Recommended

@EdwardianTheIV, hey, not a problem.  I was able to find the Product Specifications with the SN.  HP simply wants to protect your investment.  If people have your Serial Number they can steal your computer and claim it as theirs.

Please see my last post for my reply.  As I stated, I am confused, as well.  If your BIOS ain't broke, don't try to fix it.  A failed BIOS makes a great boat anchor out of your computer.  😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.