Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
TG01-0023W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there all.  I'm hoping that you all can help me with a very strange problem.  I got this computer from VIPOutlet.com.  I set it up and started the install / setup process.  Nothing but BSOD errors from IRQL, to Kernal Security, etc.  They were all over the place.  I dropped in another NVME from a recent pull and it booted windows no problem.. No errors, no problems.  There was no setup process as this drive already had windows on it.  

When I tried to reset windows on this new drive.. I ran into the same issues with constant BSOD errors or looping reboots.  Now I saw a random thread about a bios issue with windows update with windows defender causing all kinds of issues.. I was about to send the unit back for a refund but that's not my first choice given the low cost I paid for it.  

I tossed in another drive just for giggles and windows runs fine as the dive was a clone from a working ryzen 5 laptop with nvidia graphics.. pretty close to what I'm running on this desktop already.  I noticed that there was a bios update and have installed that and all the other drivers and removed all the lenovo apps that were part of the cloned image.  

I'm downloading the cloud restore image now and may try to refresh with the factory image just to see if the bios was the problem.. as a note. .these issues happened after replacing ram and reseating the GPU.  I've tried NVME and SSD drives and had the same result.  

Has anyone had this issue?  You would figure that as critically unstable as the system seemed to be trying to just install windows that it would just crash constantly on this working windows image... but it's fine.  and I've run performance tests and stressed the system.  I also ran the HP bios system tests which all passed.. 

If anyone could shed some light on this.. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Rick

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AirgunWeb , welcome to the Community.

I have read your post several times and have come to the conclusion that the seller should either fix or replace your computer.  You should not have to continue to fight with a new computer.

I will make one suggestion.  You should try using the Microsoft Media Installation tool, if you haven't done so: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can choose the version of Windows that you want to use during installation.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the email.  I tried scratch installs on multiple devices.  I had the best success on SSD of the SATA, but anything on the NVME slot, whether SATA m.2 or NVME, would crash and crash hard. 

The unit had about 10 months left of HP warranty left on it so I've reached out to them.  The unit was definitely defective and they are going to look for options for a replacement.  The wait time for parts is sometime early May.  

This result was far more efficient than what I've been dealing with at Dell which finally agreed to replace my unit due to lack of spare parts.  So I'm down two computers right now.  Dell had about a 3 week head start on HP but I think HP may yet win given their recent corresondence.

I'll update the thread once I have some results.

Cheers

Rick

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @AirgunWeb!   Thank you for the update on your situation.  I would definitely appreciate hearing more when your computer is fixed or replaced.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.