Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed an rtx 2060, and 750 watt psu. I have ddu old nvidia drivers and downloaded new ones. every time i load into a server for csgo it blackscreens and reboots. when I play other games I get way lower fps than I should be getting. 

The psu is not the problem.

Im guessing I need a bios update.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@LEEB3 , welcome to the forum.

It could possibly be that you need a BIOS update.  Here is the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.  Please follow the instructions carefully so the update doesn't fail.

There are a couple of other things to consider:  1) your Internet connection. and 2) have the games been patched/updated to assure they are working properly.  I know that Steam does this every time that I login, but I don't know which site you are using.  I suggest that you go to the Tech Support for the games to see if others are having the same or similar problems.  I have found that if I am having a problem, someone else is having it, also.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Untitled.jpg

 Hey I just want to make sure that those drivers will work even tho I have f.24? sorry I have never updated drivers and dont want to brick my pc, and ty for the help

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @LEEB3!

You are correct in being very careful; especially when upgrading the BIOS.  You always want to match the SSID of your motherboard to the SSID listed in the BIOS section of the Software and Drivers page.  Your Motherboard is SSID: 82F1.  Therefore, I provided you with the latest update that I found in the Software and Drivers page.

HP Recommended

thank you for the help I successfully updated the bios but the problem still persists.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @LEEB3!

The next step is check your Internet connection to make certain it is working correctly.  Also, go to the Customer Support page for the games to see if others are having the same or similar problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.