Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have sent it back to the HP HK office to have a check up and they couldn't find any problem. And then, it happened again last night!!! Warrany of what?crash.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@AK51
Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

The 3f0 error code indicates an issue with the HDD-Hard Drive.

I’d like additional information in order to troubleshoot: 

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 
  • Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Are you able to boot into windows desktop? 

While you respond to that, I recommend you perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Firstly, let's perform a hard reset:

Removable Battery:

1) Shutdown the computer.  
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  
3) Remove the Battery.  
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer.  
6) Try to turn on the computer.

Built-in Battery:

1) Shutdown the computer.  
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  
3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  
4) Plug-in the Adapter.  
5) Try to turn on the computer.

Next: Restore BIOS default settings.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. (If the error message displays proceed to the next step)

Next: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics​​​​​​​

1. Plug the AC adapter into the computer.
  2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  3. Turn on the computer and start pressing Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu displays, click Component Tests.
  5. In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive.
  6. Click Quick Test.
  7. Click Run once. If the computer has more than one hard drive, click Test All Hard Drives. The Quick Test begins.
  8. If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.

When a test is complete, the results display on the screen. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.

If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but a problem still exists with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run a specific test, select it from the Hard Drive Tests menu.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,
Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Last week, I saw 3F0 again. >_< I turn off the OMEN and turn on again to get into the window. Then, I saw "HP assiantant" has two urgent BIOS update. I did the update, and then, I couldn't go to the window anymore. I am sure it is the problem of the BIOS version and I did bring the laptop to the HP CS Hong Kong office. They said they couldn't down grade the bios. Is it true?

Now, they said they couldn't find the SSD, so, they assume the SSD is dead. Is there anything I can do?

"It has been over 5 months since I got my laptop. As a customer, I did notice HP that my laptop has problem. Now, they said oh yes, your computer has problem and you lost your data" >_<

And pls reply me if you have similar experience.

HP Recommended

Same thing has just happened to me with my ssd. Tried every step to rectify to no avail. Now 2 weeks without a pc for repair!

HP Recommended

@AK51 @Skipa1

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. The Hard Disk (3f0) error code on boot can be from a dead or dying hard drive. This boot error could mean that your bios option are set to legacy and not secure boot or UEFI boot.

If you've performed above-suggested troubleshooting steps, then I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your laptop.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.