cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

CPU Cooler Omen 880-130

HP Recommended

Hi,

I was wondering about my cpu cooler. I bought this device in 2018. Every day I notice it gets a bit warmer.

Is there any replacement that would fit and work with the Tampa 2 motherboard?

Also, can I change the rgb lights on the case? And if I can, how the product would be called?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 5
169 161 9 29
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My recommendation is Big Shuriken 3, love this cooler and have it on several HP Pavilion and Omen Computers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The stock cooler is inadequate. My i7-8700 was going over 95C and thermal throttling. I replaced it with an Arctic Freezer 33. Apparently there is a backplate already stuck to the back of the motherboard so any replacement cooler needs to have the same screws. Also, the maximum CPU cooler height is around 156mm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
169 161 9 29
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can remove that back plate easily, use plastic tools and take your time, it's stuck with some tape but it can be removed. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation