Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 880-160se Model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought my Omen 880-160se CPU and was very impressed with it, up until I attempted to launch my first game, Dungeon Defenders, the game has a very low memory and GPU usage, but that, along with booting the CPU up, seemed to be enough to seemingly overheat the video processor. The internal fan would begin whirring very loudly and then I would watch my framerate drop from 62 FPS all the way down to 0. This is a brand new CPU that I recieved yesterday. 

Could anyone confirm that the fact FedEx delivered my CPU sideways may have jostled the inner workings. I've attempted to up the processing power and voltage to no avail and am seriously frustrated. If not the computer itself, could anyone reccomend a possible fix to this issue? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HEllo @Andyk04 

I had that model for a while and had no such trouble like that.

When you say the CPU is new, I assume you mean the whole computer is new, correct? The CPU is just the processor.

IF the video card fan is revving up fast and you are losing FPS to 0, you might have a bad video card. Did you open the Omen Command Center and observe the temperatures while gaming to see what the temps are?

IF its fresh from delivery, I would open the case and try checking/re-seating the hardware (check the heat sink, video card, memory sticks) just to make sure things are not loose.

Bottom line since its brand new, I would probably encourage you to contact HP Support for warranty help and explain what is happening.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.