Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

i am writing to ask about the thermal issue i have with the cpu (i7 8700). The cpu often hit 90°+  when is at 90% to 100% load, such as during rendering tasks on soildwork. From my knowlege on pcs, that prolonged use of the cpu on that sort of temperture will shorten my cpu life drasticallty also i have notice thermal throttles especially when the temperature hit 100°. I know that the air cooler that is included with the pc, is not great and possible perform worst than the intel stock coolers that come with the 7th gen CPUs. I know the only possible way of resolve the issue is me change out the cooler to an after market cooler, but i want to know if i do that, will that void my warrenty? 

Also i know i can just leave it as it is until the warrenty is gone then replace the cooler, but knowing that running the cpu for a year at that sort of temperatures will most likely not break down, but will shorten overall life of the CPU and it thermal throttles. 

The cooler i am looking to replace with is cooler master hyper 212 evo, which is a fairly popular air cooler and cheap. which leads to the question will that cooler be  compatible with the Hp motherboard on my computer. 

System spec:

CPU: i7 8700 

Ram: 16 ddr4 samsung

GPU: Geforce GTX 1070 8gb

Storage: m.2 ssd 256gb and 2tb 3.5in HDD 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCED 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Evac72

Your exact model number is 880-112na

I do not know the price, cooling performance, and where to get one at the best price.

Since you know your way around installing it you can take the time to research and find the information you want.

Good luck,

REO

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @Evac72

Just a quick question before I do allot of research for this:

You do know you can install a Liquid Cooling Fan???

COOLGANG.PNG

OMEN by HP 880-p100 Desktop PC series - 1. PC Tour - Outer and Inner

http://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=1009924086&MEID=C890BD48-0150-4732-B302-73F0E60E76BD

You remove the Rear Fan and mount the Liquid Fan there:

Let me know if you want to go that route???

REO

P.S. Replacing the fan will not void your Warranty. " Unless you break something."

HP Recommended

Yes I do know I can replace with the liquid cooler that hp omen offer and I know my way around installing it? I just don’t know the cooling capacity of it where as hyper 212 evo i know and is fairly cheap. I am happy to go down the route of installing the liquid cooler from omen. It will be if you can provide me some information such as price , cooling performance and where could I get one. Thank you

HP Recommended

@Evac72

What is your Product Number???

REO

HP Recommended

Product number: 2XB55EA@#ABU

HP Recommended

@Evac72

Your exact model number is 880-112na

I do not know the price, cooling performance, and where to get one at the best price.

Since you know your way around installing it you can take the time to research and find the information you want.

Good luck,

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.