Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 510 p009 2016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Ive got 180 watts psu
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Crippin,

I forget to add the following statements to my last response.

Almost all, if not all, game capable graphics cards will be dual slot. There are single slot or SFF cards. Check Amazon or Newegg. These cards will still require a minimum 300 watt PSU if they are capable of of running AAA games.

You may have a potential problem with the 24 pin PSU connector on the MB. This connector may interfere with installing a dual slot graphics card. 

Regards

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The 710 requires a minimum 300 watt PSU.  710  specs can be reviewed at this (link). 

The 24 pin MB power supply connector could cause installation problems with this graphics card.

Regards

HP Recommended
Can it run dauntless smoothly..?
HP Recommended

Hi Crippin,

You can check all minimum and recommended hardware needed to run Dauntless at this (link).

Regards

HP Recommended
I see... how about gtx 1050
HP Recommended

Hi Crippin,

Almost all graphics cards that are capable of running this game, with decent frame rates, will require a minimum 300 watt PSU.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Crippin,

I forget to add the following statements to my last response.

Almost all, if not all, game capable graphics cards will be dual slot. There are single slot or SFF cards. Check Amazon or Newegg. These cards will still require a minimum 300 watt PSU if they are capable of of running AAA games.

You may have a potential problem with the 24 pin PSU connector on the MB. This connector may interfere with installing a dual slot graphics card. 

Regards

HP Recommended
Ooh okay so how do i actually install them cause this is my first time installing new gpu
HP Recommended

Hi Crippin,

Check out this YouTube video on installing a graphics card (link).

You are going to have to disconnect all PSU connections on the MB and attached components to install a new PSU. Search YouTube for videos on removing and installing a PSU. The replacement PSU dimensions must be very close to the existing PSU dimensions. Measure the existing PSU.

Here are some things to do to prep the new graphics card installation after you purchase a compatible graphics card and PSU and install the correct PSU.

1. Uninstall the current graphics card drivers.

2. Enter the BIOS. Disable Secure boot and enable Legacy boot (link).

3. Remove an existing discrete graphics card if applicable. Install the new graphics card.

4. Boot the PC to Windows. Install Nvidia or AMD graphics drivers required by the new graphics card.

Regards

HP Recommended
Does all psu are the same voltage consumption.?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.