Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't open my HP Omen Command Center. I've tried running as administrator, just clicking and waiting, rebooting my PC and giving it another go... nothing.

I tried to delete and re-install the Omen app from the Microsoft app store, but that didn't work either.

Does anyone have a solution?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

A windows 10 update could of caused this. Did it work at one time ? You can try running in compatiblity mode but thats a slim chance it will work. Is there another version of Omen command out there ? 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

Well the older version of CM isn't working either, and in looking for a fix to that, I found that HP was just recommending users get the new app on the microsoft app store.

Honestly this is one of several technological issues I'm dealing with at the moment, I feel as if technology just hates me haha

HP Recommended

Hello @SaberToothMC 

The old version of the OCC wont work without some other files you would have to add manually, but its outdated now and the version from the Microsoft Store is the only way to get the current version. Its not by HPs choice either.

There is a fix that has worked for several people with this same problem.

It may or may not work for you but worth a shot?

Search for the Omen Command Center in the Search bar in the task bar and uninstall it.

Then reinstall from this link... Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

Next, go to the HP Support Assistant and search for any updates and install them.

Next, go to Services and make sure the HP Omen HSA is enabled. It should be set to Running Automatic.

To access this, type Services in the Search bar (Cortana) and hit the enter key.

HSA.JPG

Next...

Go to Device Manager... Type Device Manager in Search and hit the enter key.

Scroll to Software Components and expand the arrow.

Right-click HP Software and Services, and then click Properties.

Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver.

Do the same for Omen Software and Services.

Hopefully that works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.