cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Stat1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Compatible Thunderbolt 3 PCIe card for OMEN Obelisk Desktop 875-0030qd

HP Recommended
OMEN Obelisk Desktop 875-0030qd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an OMEN desktop that I would like to upgrade with thunderbolt ports. I’ve looked around and found 2 HP thunderbolt PCIe cards for my desktop but they seem to only be compatible with the Z series of HP desktops. They are the HP 3UU05AA and F3F43AT. I also checked on the ASUS ThunderboltEX 3 card but that seems to not be compatible with HP motherboards. Does anyone know of a card that’s compatible with my desktop?

4 REPLIES 4
Photoray002
Level 15
12,679 7,626 1,310 4,344
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Stat1 

I don't know of any compatible TB PCIe card for the 875-0030qd CTO.

Im curious though, were you planning on removing the graphics card and using its PCIe slot on the motherboard since there is only one?

Edoras specs

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Stat1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was under the impression there was an available slot for the PCIe card. I didn't have any intentions of removing the graphics card.

Photoray002
Level 15
12,679 7,626 1,310 4,344
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Then no, it wont work. There are no available PCIe slots as is pointed out in the link I posted above.

Sorry.

Stat1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation