Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-10-2022 06:52 AM
I bought this pc 4 months ago and haven't had any problems with it before. I downloaded a game called Predecessor on steam last night to play with friends. While I was in my first match of the game my computer black screened and then restarted itself. After that I quickly launched steam and the game again and as soon as the game launched (showing logo's) the computer reset itself again. I thought it was just that game at first so I tried some troubleshooting with steam to no avail. Then I tried playing something else to find out ANY and EVERY game that I launch on the computer the same thing happens (Not only steam games, Epic and EA games too). The developer logo's cycle through and then the pc restarts itself. I can't find anything online that even sounds like my problem so I'm posting here to see if anybody can help me out. Thank you.
12-15-2022 09:07 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that your Omen desktop restarts when you launch games, I am glad to assist you.
Step 1: Remove discs and devices
- Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.
- Turn off the computer.
- Remove any discs and USB devices.
- Remove memory cards from the card reader slot.
- Disconnect all non-essential devices such as printers, scanners, external hard drives.
- Leave only the mouse, keyboard, and monitor connected.
- After you have removed all discs and devices, turn on the computer.
- If the computer starts, reconnect devices one at a time, to determine which disc or device is causing the problem. If the issue is solved, troubleshooting is complete.
- If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, press and hold the Power button to turn off the computer. Do not connect anything, and then continue troubleshooting.
Step 2: Perform a hard reset
- Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a Hard Reset.
- After you have completed these steps, if the computer startup issue is resolved, go to HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8, 7), and then go to HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows) to update all device drivers.
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Keep me posted.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community