Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I bought a new omen obelisk and no doubt I'm loving it! But my question is can I install a Corsair h80i V2 120mm aio on my obelisk? I'm so unsure about the connections ( I don't have a free USB pinout ).

Also will that installation cost my warranty ? 

Please some one help me! 

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sidhardha it wouldn't void your warranty, however, HP doesn't recommend adding/changing hardware components as it may damage other parts if it's not done by a professional, also, HP designs the device to work at its optimal performance, hence a CPU cooling fan may not be required.

Perhaps, you could tell me if you've got any overheating issues as such, and I can help you sort that out without adding more components to the device.

As far as I know, that would require a Molex connector, not the USB, but its best you check with the manufacturer of that part for details on how to install it, if you wish to go through with this plan.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Sidhardha it wouldn't void your warranty, however, HP doesn't recommend adding/changing hardware components as it may damage other parts if it's not done by a professional, also, HP designs the device to work at its optimal performance, hence a CPU cooling fan may not be required.

Perhaps, you could tell me if you've got any overheating issues as such, and I can help you sort that out without adding more components to the device.

As far as I know, that would require a Molex connector, not the USB, but its best you check with the manufacturer of that part for details on how to install it, if you wish to go through with this plan.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I finally went with h60, which is pretty decent and added a new intake fan at the bottom of the case that's all. Now temps are at GPU : 45-55c and CPU : 55-65c under heavy loads or gaming. Cheers mate!1555661362650372850239434636250.jpg

15556614094574391760721497511673.jpg

HP Recommended

@Sidhardha 

Glad to know its working out. Would you be so kind as to tell us what the product number is of that Obelisk?

Run the HP Support Assistant in the Start menu to see the product number.

Thanks. :generic:

HP Recommended
Hi, I'm very interested in how you implemented the heatsink and the second fan down, what are the connections you've made? did you have to buy a commander PRO?
Thank you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.