Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0023w

I bought some new ram called KINGSTON FURY BEAST DDR4 and I think it runs at 3000MHz but when i install 2 16 GB Ram into my computer and try to turn it on it just beeps at me and wont turn on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @TheNoWhereKing 

Your MB supports certain (not all) 16 GB memory modules up to 3200. The BIOS needs to support XMP memory profiles. The BIOS needs to have EEprom data to support the memory modules you are trying to install in the MB.

The problem is: not all memory modules will work on all MBs. You may have purchased incompatible memory.

Hopefully you can return the memory to the seller for a refund.

HP does not offer 16 GB memory modules at HP Part Surfer using your PC's product number (TG01-0023W). I would check Crucial Memory for the best shot at getting compatible memory.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@TheNoWhereKing , welcome to the Community.

The memory simply isn't compatible with your motherboard.  Here are the "Motherboard Specifications".  The memory in your computer is DDR4-3200.  HP doesn't use Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP's) to overclock their memory.  They use the standard JDEC's that are in the memory.  Their motherboards are very picky when it comes to using third-party memory.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi @TheNoWhereKing 

Your MB supports certain (not all) 16 GB memory modules up to 3200. The BIOS needs to support XMP memory profiles. The BIOS needs to have EEprom data to support the memory modules you are trying to install in the MB.

The problem is: not all memory modules will work on all MBs. You may have purchased incompatible memory.

Hopefully you can return the memory to the seller for a refund.

HP does not offer 16 GB memory modules at HP Part Surfer using your PC's product number (TG01-0023W). I would check Crucial Memory for the best shot at getting compatible memory.

HP Recommended

@TheNoWhereKing,

I wholeheartedly agree with @Bill_To regarding Crucial RAM, look no further than here: HP - Compaq Pavilion Gaming TG01-0023w | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi @NonSequitur777 @TheNoWhereKing @old_geekster 

Just found this Crucial Memory site having a 2 X16 GB memory kit at 3200.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Good to see everyone working together to solve problems!

Regards

HP Recommended

Yup crucial was the way to go it'll be coming in soon thanks for the help. 👍

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.