Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer overheats and give me a bluescreen, then shuts off. After shutting off, it turns on again and the fans start spinning really fast / loud. It seems like the computer has to overheat and die for the cooling to actually give it's full potential. Is there a way to make the fans spin faster BEFORE it overheats? I wear over-ear headphones and don't really notice the noice it makes, I just want my computer to run cold and for it not to overheat and die.  And before someone ask, the computer is two months old and is in a clean enviornment, dust is not the problem.  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After spending 4 days trying to solve the overheating,  I found that a program called MSI Afterburner solved my problem after tweaking some fan settings in it. I haven't experienced overheating after installing that program... yet.  Hopefully, I'm not jinxing it by posting this. I checked the BIOS, and there were absolutely no settings I could make that was gaming / performance related. All I could do was turn secure boot on and off and stuff like that. It is kind of ridiculous to sell a "gaming computer," but then give the user absolutely ZERO control over it. There are ZERO settings you can tweak either in the BIOS or through a pre-installed app to tweak performance... 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Just change the stock cooling solution and add some intake fans and you will be good, unfortunately the stock one is only good for office work in my opinion. 

As for the fans I believe that in the BIOS there was a setting to have them in quiet or performance modes, so make them spin faster. 

HP Recommended

I have the exact same PC, exact same symptoms. 2 months old. Will bring it back to the shop and hope to never see it again. 10 times overheated with BSOD. Normal use.

HP Recommended

After spending 4 days trying to solve the overheating,  I found that a program called MSI Afterburner solved my problem after tweaking some fan settings in it. I haven't experienced overheating after installing that program... yet.  Hopefully, I'm not jinxing it by posting this. I checked the BIOS, and there were absolutely no settings I could make that was gaming / performance related. All I could do was turn secure boot on and off and stuff like that. It is kind of ridiculous to sell a "gaming computer," but then give the user absolutely ZERO control over it. There are ZERO settings you can tweak either in the BIOS or through a pre-installed app to tweak performance... 

HP Recommended

Hi, i tried that program. Not sure about the settings, but it seems to work so far. Settings i tried is Auto Fan Speed, Syncronize settings with similar....and Force fan speed. So far its good. I will keep it going on startup and see what happens the next days. Tx for the info 🙂

HP Recommended

New info!!

I contacted HP support and they said i should update the BIOS. There was a new update ver.23 or 24. I don't remember.

I uninstalled the Afterburner and other fan management programs that i had tried.

And voila!!

I have not had any issues after that. No overheat. No BSOD.

HP Recommended

thank you for the info, Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.