Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000i RCTO Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

I'm still trying to upgrade my pcs BIOS to fix the terrible audio cutouts and freezes that I would not be able to use my headset, etc connected to my computer; they released a patch for this on Ryzen which I have but mine keeps on saying its OLDER from the HP bios download; it says it's for SSID 89B4 when I detected my software drivers for my PC does anyone know if that's a reason why it can't update it because I have 89D8 or if theirs a difference? I am on F.02 I really need help.

My pc is up to date, explore my other post when i was first explaining this issue but no luck 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I edited my message, because in the meantime I found the other series, not the one mentioned and with the motherboard you indicated
So, this is not infallible, the drivers and software page will sometimes show you different possibilities
This can therefore give drivers, or bios, for another model of the same series
So the one you have is not for your computer
The bios available for yours is the one already installed

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

Can you identify yourself, and give the exact model of your computer
in the statement I read:

Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000i RCTO Base Model

except there is only one motherboard referenced, and the list is very long to check

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/victus-by-hp-15l-gaming-desktop-pc-tg02-0000i/2101006741/produc...

Motherboard Specifications, Reno2

• HP name: Reno2
  • SSID: 89B5

that said, drivers page there is only one bios available

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/victus-by-hp-15l-gaming-desktop-pc-tg02-0000i/21010...

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 89B5)

F.07 Rev.A

so if your SSID is , then you should only use a bios that matches the SSID

"Does anyone know if the Erica8, 89D8 motherboard can be updated on Windows 11?"
Why not, provided you have a bios available?

[edit]

so this

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/victus-by-hp-15l-gaming-desktop-pc-tg02-0000a/2101006743

• HP name: Erica8
  • SSID: 89D8

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 89D8)

F.02 Rev.A

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/victus-by-hp-15l-gaming-desktop-pc-tg02-0000a/21010...

for the moment you will therefore have the latest version available

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for replying. I will provide the model number when I am home, but every time I detect my computer on the software and drivers website and go to the BIOS list, it gives me a BIOS update that isn't for my SSID so i think that's why I got confused

HP Recommended

I edited my message, because in the meantime I found the other series, not the one mentioned and with the motherboard you indicated
So, this is not infallible, the drivers and software page will sometimes show you different possibilities
This can therefore give drivers, or bios, for another model of the same series
So the one you have is not for your computer
The bios available for yours is the one already installed

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Ah i see thank you 

HP Recommended

😉

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.