Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-27-2018 11:42 PM
I got the HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0039 and it came with a keyboard. It has an FN key on it. My problem is that I have to hold down that key in order to use f1-f12 normally. I need to use those keys to bind commands in the games that I play and pressing the FN key won't let me bind them.
11-29-2018 03:35 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
To disable, or enable, the function key (fn) in the BIOS, do the following steps.
- Press the power button to turn on the computer.
- Press the f10 key to open the BIOS setup window.
- Press the right-arrow or left-arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration option.
- Press the up-arrow or down-arrow keys to navigate to the Action Keys Mode option, and then press the enter key to display the Enable / Disable menu.
- Enabled: Requires pressing only one of the f1 through f12 keys to use the action as indicated on the action key.
- Press the f10 key to save the selection and restart the computer.
- The function key (fn) option can be reset at any time.
Keep me posted how it goes
Thank you and have a great day 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
11-29-2018 09:47 PM
I tried that already with tech support and we couldn't find that in the system configurations. I checked and there was nothing in the bios set up wherein I can turn off or disable the action keys mode. I believe that this troubleshooting works for laptops but I am currently having this problem on a desktop pc that came with a keyboard.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community