Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently found a PNY GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Card. And was just wondering if my 500 watt power supply was efficient enough. It's a 80+ bronze rating and a different 1070 card they Make says the minimum is 500. I was just wondering if that means I'm in the clear, or is there going to be bottle necking.

If so, is the PSU replaceable? It also says I need a dual PCIE 16x slot but I only have one. People online seem to say you only need one, and that it's referring to how many openings you have in the back of the case, is that true? Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Alduin 

You should be good to go. Its a 500w ATX PSU and should already have the 8 pin (or 6+2) power connector also.

The dual slot the card refers to is the removable slot/expansion covers on the back of the case.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Alduin 

You should be good to go. Its a 500w ATX PSU and should already have the 8 pin (or 6+2) power connector also.

The dual slot the card refers to is the removable slot/expansion covers on the back of the case.

HP Recommended

Alright I thought so, thanks for the confirmation! 👍🏼

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.