Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, guys.

I bought the Omen by HP, Obelisk desktop with rtx 2080 during the BlackFriday sales from Bestbuy. However, I didn't have too much time gaming after purchasing the desktop.

Until today, I finally have some time to play. When I  played World of Warcraft for around 2 hours, I noticed that the GPU temperature went to 83 degree C. Then I played PUBG for another 3 hours with GPU temperature around 86 degree C.

I went to Nvidia website and  under the "specs", I saw that the "Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) is 88" (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2080/) which is only 2 degree higher than 86 C.

So, I want to ask if this is normal temperature (for gaming) and if this temperature harmful to GPU? If this is harmful, is there any way to lower GPU temperature?

BTW, I  used a 2k 144Hz monitor when gaming, and my gpu temperature stays around 35 degree C if I do nothing.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.I'm currently playing AC Oddyssey and the temperature is 83-85 C.I have even attached a case fan to the ceiling....I think the fan of the GPU and the missing front fan is the problem.I'll probably change the case the days ..

HP Recommended

This temperature is absolutly normal, got the same results with my old and new gaming laptop.

HP Recommended

Sorry, normal would be a maximum of 73 degrees on the GPU.Netzt is Winter.Wie should look like in summer? ^^

HP Recommended

@Acronomikos

Have you considered contacting HP Support directly for help? you are entitled under warranty.

I have the 880 Omen desktop and my GTX 1070 averages around 73 with Battlefield, so the GPU running 86 would have me a bit concerned also.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.