cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
proxxkyr
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

GPU temperature

HP Recommended
HP Omen Obelisk Desktop 875-1002nt 25L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I've a CPU I5 9400F and RTX 2060. When I play games such as Fortnite, Pubg etc. , suddenly GPU temperature rises up 90-100 C, but CPU is normal temperature. And while playing games (Fotnite etc.) FPS is too low (usually 20 to 50). When I close the game GPU temperature is falling 35-40 C. I updated all drivers. Help me please.

IMG_20210116_174718.jpgNormally.pngPlaying game.png 

3 REPLIES 3
hwsense
Level 6
434 414 24 137
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Considering how poor the ventilation of the Obelisk is, I am not surprised with these temperatures. Maybe play around with the fan curve suing MSI Afterburner and this way you can probably drop some degrease. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Mychal7
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,
I had exactly the same problem, the only thing that helps is the fan curve via MSI Afterburnet. But it will be very noisy and you will attack 70 ° C

I solved it with a water loop, which destroys the warranty and is financially demanding.

EDIT:
IMG_20201025_152605.jpg3DMark score and temperatures3DMark score and temperatures

My temperatures after 2 hours of playing max 60 ° C stable

hwsense
Level 6
434 414 24 137
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great job on the custom loop! I am happy to see that other people are also looking for solutions to those high temperatures, I think HP could have done a much better job with something similar and probably wouldn't costed even $100 more, their prices are much lower compared to the competition so, still they would have beat them even with better liquid cooling. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation