Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 40L Gaming Desktop PC GT21-1000i RCTO Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

My glass panel side door is locked due to "safety regulations" And im unable to open it for cleaning or for future replacements/ upgrades. The metal side door is fine and will open, but the glass panel one is locked. 
After searching online i have not found a single person with my issue.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @SirRivers 

I don't know what is going on with your PC.

Check this Omen 40L review at this Site. Both side panels are easily removed using individual lock tabs at the top of the case.

Is there a sticker on the case stating the door is locked? Where did you get this PC?

Upload an image of the case.

Regards

HP Recommended

Yea, the metal panel opens, but the glass panel has a sticker stating "this panel is locked due to safety regulations. Do not press hard on button. In order to open this panel refer to online reference manuals for lock positions.

HP Recommended

Hi @SirRivers 

You bought the PC, you own it.

Contact HP Support or HP Sales.

Regards

HP Recommended

HI @SirRivers 

Check this HP Site clearly showing how to remove the left side panel by depressing the lock tab at the top of the case/

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi @SirRivers 

Check the rear of the case for a screw that might have to be removed before removing the left side panel.

The glass panel might be locked for shipping only. There has to be a way to unlock this panel.

Regards

HP Recommended

I've checked the rear and there is nonthing. Odd thing is the other panel opens just fine... I'll send a few pics.

20240508_145218.jpg

20240509_003712.jpg

 I would greatly enjoy if you could ask around with other helpers in this situation. I dont want to have to pay someone to manually open it when the time comes...
When contacting tech support they simply told me to press on the button. Even after i told them its says locked and that it wont open with a depress.

Any idea if this screw might be it or is it just to keep the front panel on?

20240509_004043.jpg

 Scratch the previous question about the screw, it does not in fact lock the panel. Still wondering what could be in the way.
I cant thank you enough for actually trying, the other tech support was no help at all.

it also turns out im not the only one with this issue. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Omen-40L-Side-Panel-Release-Stu...

HP Recommended

Hi @SirRivers 

My pleasure.

There has to be a way to remove the side panel.

How would HP service the PC if a hardware component fails? How would you clean the PC's internals or upgrade components if you can't access the hardware?

What is underneath the caution sticker?

The second image shows "Push To Remove" on the top panel. Have you tried this? The top panel may be removable, the locking mechanism may be underneath the top panel.

I'm guessing the glass panel is locked for shipping. There has to be a screw or a lock/unlock tab somewhere. 

Regards

HP Recommended

Nonthing is under the sticker, and the top panel refuses to come off. I've seen videos of a simple press and pull for the top panels to come off but mine won't, not even a Butterknife is helping to take the top cover off. 

I'm beyond stuck.

If push comes to shove I'm taking the pc to Best buy/ a pc repair shop. It honestly feels like they superglued the top panel and the button for the glass door panel release. 

One thing I do know, when pressing the button for the glass door panel, the plastic slider that unlatches the glass door won't move to the side. The other panels plastic thing does it perfectly. 

Any idea if there is a manual for finding the door panel locks? The tech support agent I talked to sent me some pdfs, but none included where i could find the door locks.

I have a sneaky suspicious that the door lock is under the top panel, but after putting alot of pressure trying to push and pull it off it just won't budge. If yoy need more pictures or info ask. I got the pc off the official hp website also.

Again thank you so much for trying to help. Your the only one who has assisted me the best so far, I look forward for more help! I got work today so my reply will be late.

HP Recommended

Hi @SirRivers 

My pleasure.

I can't find anything else from HP in the way of pics or PDF manuals about this panel.

Have Best Buy or a local PC Tech take a look.

The glass panel has to be removable. Someone at HP installed the components in the case and then someone at HP installed the glass panel.

Opinions or troubleshooting suggestions in this response are provided independently. I am not employed by: HP, Inc. or the HP Forum.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.