Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop PC - 875-0030qd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have just purchased a GTX 1660 TI GPU and upon arrival I noticed it takes a single 8 pin power connector, while my obelisk only seems to have two 6-pin connectors and two mini 2-pin connectors. I defenitly do NOT want to replace the PSU and re route cables as thats too time consuming and not my forte. I wanted to know what I can do or what my options are.

Is there an 8 pin being cheeky and hiding somewhere in my case?

Can I connect a 6 pin and 2 pin connector to form an 8 pin connection?

Or is there such thing as a 6+2pin=8-pin adaptor I can use and is it safe?

What do I do and what course of action can I take?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @nyfox12 

Yes.

On that 6 pin connector harness, there should be a 2 pin connector sort of dangling off to the side of it.

You would also connect that 2 pin with the 6 pin to complete the 8 pin connection.

HP Recommended

Awesome, thanks a bunch man this was slightly freaking me out as I dropped 300$ on it and didn't want to bother with a new PSU, I rushed it because it was a great deal, but I should do more research in the future.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.