12-25-2017 03:05 PM
New gaming PC out of the box for Christmas present together with new HP monitor. Neither of the two hdmi ports on the PC seem to work. Monitor and hdmi cable work fine on a different machine so they are not the problem.
PC works ok if using a VGA cable on an old monitor but cannot get the hdmi ports to work. Have tried various troubleshooting tips but nothing working. Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-26-2017 07:41 AM
On your Desktop PC, are you connecting to the HDMI ports on the I/O shield?
Number 3 on the image below...
If so, those are the wrong ports. Those are disabled by default when a dedicated graphics card is present.
Your model also comes with a GTX 1060 video card.
There is one HDMI port on it (also on the back of the PC)
It will look similar to this...
Use that one.
12-09-2019 05:42 AM
I am having the same problem. We bought a brand new gaming computer for my son and the HDMI ports are not working. Please help. I read all the similar posts and tried switching cords and I am using the correct ports but it still says no signal. HELLLLP. My son can't play Fortnite so this is a tragedy! It's a brand new computer so I do not understand why it's saying no signal. I am hoping I can fix this before Christmas without having to pay the Geek Squad.
12-09-2019 11:39 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!