Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP website does not recognize my HP Gaming R5 RX 5500 TG01-2003w Gaming desktop or the serial number. I purchased it from Walmart in January and need warranty support/work. Thank you, Julie

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @madmaof4 

You can double check the serial number !

(1) In Windows go to Search or hit [winkey] + r, type cmd and press Enter
(2) In the Command Prompt, enter the following command and press Enter:

wmic baseboard get serialnumber

Don't post the serialnumber here in the community, it's not allowed for security reason !

(3) Check if the serial number is accepted

(4) If not accepted contact HP Support

https://support.hp.com

You should have an invoice as proof !

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. I do have the receipt. I can't get into the computer as it is hijacked by windows 11. Why I need support. I have the serial number off of the back of the computer. I can not get any human because the site does not recognize the serial number or model number.

HP Recommended

Hello @madmaof4 

- Double check the serial number

- Typos can happen

- If necessary, please check the serial number plate with a magnifying glass.

If the serial number is not accepted, you will have to go back to Walmart ! They should handle the case !

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I have typed and retyped a dozen times. The site doesn't recognize the model either. How do you get a hold of a human being? There is absolutely no way.

HP Recommended

There may be serial number recognition problems
Your model is here

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2003w 

its product number P/N

328J0AA

exact?

the P/N product number  328J0AA works here

Enter your serial number, product number or product name

https://support.hp.com/my-en

but then goes to:

HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000a (2Z6C8AV) 

try from this page

Check warranty status

You can try from hp support assistant to have contact options

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I went through Square Trade Warranty and they connected me to HP. I was entering everything correctly. The site just wasn't recognizing the serial number or model. Hp was able to add the computer to my HP. HP warranty would not help me with the windows issue but Square Trade did.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.