cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
DeseperateMan
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

(HP OMEN GT13-0630nd) Is it possible to change the GPU ?

HP Recommended
HP OMEN GT13-0630nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I bought this PC to get the RTX 3080 and put it in my Gaming PC which is better cooled.
And use the Omen as a desktop PC with a less powerful graphics card.
But when I put on a GTX 670 I have a black screen, I reinstall the 3080 to disable Secure bios but nothing does, as soon as I put on the GTX 670 black screen.
Still black screen, it boots but no display.
I have an RTX 2070 in my gaming pc and I'm waiting for a more powerful power supply before putting the 3080 in it.
So I don't know if the 2070 will work in the Omen????
But I don't understand why you can't put the graphics card you want in a PC in 2021, the bios is really limited.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hwsense
Level 6
434 414 24 137
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The RTX 2070 will work 100% in the Omen 30L. 

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
hwsense
Level 6
434 414 24 137
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The RTX 2070 will work 100% in the Omen 30L. 

View solution in original post

DeseperateMan
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your response.
But here it is, I don't want to put my 2070 in this PC, I want to sell it.
How do I know which other cards may work and why there is a problem, there is no legacy option in the bios.
It was supposed to replace my old pc that had a GTX 970 but I think that if the 670 doesn't work the 970 won't work.

I read that the problem came from the UEFI bios.

Thank you.

hwsense
Level 6
434 414 24 137
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you have the 970 in hand, give it a try, that one might work as well. Like I said in my comment on the channel, I had the same problem but with a Ryzen based Omen 30L, but unfortunately I don't remember what exactly the option was in the bios, considering that the bios is not full with options and by the method of elimination, I think it was the secure boot. The card I was installing was the GTX660, so same generation as your 670, and it worked out in my case. 

DeseperateMan
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes the 2070 super work verry goed.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation