Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop

Hi, I have the 

OMEN 25L Desktop - GT12-0197c

I bought a 32gb kit of HyperX Fury RAM (non-HP HX426C16FB3K2/32).

Specs for the RAM (https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX426C16FB3K2_32.pdf) and CPU-Z say XMP 2.0 capable.

I am trying to get XMP to work following the instructions in this post !All Omen 30L Intel Based Owners, Very Important, If You Are... - HP Support Community - 7728366

When I go to the memory section of Intel XTU, there are no options to select an XMP profile.  Not sure if this is still possible or maybe HP is preventing this in their newer bioses.  For the same reason as others, would have happily gotten HP RAM except can't seem to find it anywhere for sale and I hear it is outrageously priced ($160+ for 16GB stick ... I got two 32GB sticks for $116 on Amazon; almost cheaper to buy a new motherboard and RAM rather than HP RAM).

Would really like to get this to work ... any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hEATVENT , welcome to the Community.

The XMP's that HP adds to their BIOS/UEFI work only with the memory that comes with the computer.  The best way to attain the speed is by purchasing the memory from HP when ordering the computer.  I personally don't recommend using XTU for overclocking HP processors and memory as I stated in my post on the link that you provided.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@hEATVENT , welcome to the Community.

The XMP's that HP adds to their BIOS/UEFI work only with the memory that comes with the computer.  The best way to attain the speed is by purchasing the memory from HP when ordering the computer.  I personally don't recommend using XTU for overclocking HP processors and memory as I stated in my post on the link that you provided.

HP Recommended

That's unfortunate.  I think I mispoke above, there is no memory section.  I did try installing XTU 6.5.2.40 with the 6.5.2.38 drivers based on a youtube video.  In the video under advanced tuning there was a memory section.  I am not seeing a memory section at all.

Again, too bad this is so locked down and difficult.

HP Recommended

@hEATVENT 

I hear what you are saying.  It does make sense from HP's standpoint since they own and manufacture their memory.

HP Recommended

Yeah, but the next time I am looking at a gaming computer ... I will definitely be looking at either building my own or a PowerSpec or something that has standard parts.  I get the proprietary this and that but this is just RAM.  The MB comes with 4 slots and they put 16GB in one ... thanks for that.  I honestly even tried to find the same HP RAM which doesn't seem to exist on the face of the earth ... so I am stuck with what they did in the factory on a PC I picked up at the local store.  I think forcing RAM to be proprietary to work correctly is going a bit far IMHO. 

So in this case I will just suffer with less RAM and the frustration that goes along with it. HP isn't selling me any memory and they likely lost a sale down the road.

HP Recommended

I don't agree that this makes sense. The RAM is advertised as HyperX, which is Kingston RAM. Why would a buyer expect that they are getting anything other than the proper Kingston product? Sorry to be frank about this, but this amounts to collusion and anti-competitive behaviour in my view, not to mention that they are falsely representing the RAM they supply as something else. Here in Australia, this would most likely be in breach of laws relating to fair trading.

HP Recommended

@OldGreyStrix 

In their press release of February 24, 2021, HP announced that they are buying HyperX previously owned by Kingston.  This is why it makes sense! 😉

HP Recommended

Actually, no, this still doesn't make sense. In fact, it might be worse.

Kingston continue to make and distribute HyperX products, and HP's 'HyperX' is branded identically to Kingston's. This would suggest that the move has been done to deliberately mislead consumers. Rather than being sneaky, that is outright planned deception.

Have a look at the picture below. Can you tell me which dimms precisely are Kingston and which are HP's? No? I can't tell either. This is why the conduct is misleading, and likely in the jurisdiction in which I live in breach of consumer protection laws (and possibly the Corporations Act due to the element of collusion and anti-competitive behaviour).

Ramdimms.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.