Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000i (1S3R9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

this question has been asked a few times, but there was never a real answer to this: So it this normal to have such a loud CPU Fan when gaming? It only occurs to me when I use the HP OMEN gaming hub performance setting to: high with the "turbo" fan option. when selecting normal again, the PC is still very loud. Only after restarting the PC is not in jet engine mode anymore when gaming. So can the Fan get destroyed by it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So after contacting the support the solution for me was this: open win command prompt as administrator and run "sfc /scannow" this restored some files. I also deinstalled HP OMEN Gaming Hub app, since this caused the PC to run at high rpm/Temps when under stress.

Now my max. Temp is 80°C peak when CPU runs at 100% for a longer time; overage is 75°C under stress. 

Maybe this will help anyone who has the same problem and comes across this post..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@jns278,

No, this certainly isn't normal.  Perhaps this Amazon user's solution to resolve his/hers OMEN 30L Gaming Desktop PC's cooling fan jet engine mode issue may help you: CPU Cooling - Had issues upon arrive, 1 day troubleshooting figured it out (amazon.com).

Good luck!

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you for the idea, but this isn't the problem I got here.. Must be something like a bios/software bug I guess.

HP Recommended

It could be that the motherboard thinks the system is running at a higher temp than it actually is, did you check the temperature sensors at idle and load? Perhaps there is a hardware fault & you might have to RMA.

HP Recommended

Thanks, when in idle temps are @40°C... when downloading windows updates and/or using Chrome it is constantly at 70°C and even at 82°C peak for a second.. Is this still normal?

HP Recommended

Personally I'd think that's very high, you should get in contact with HP support to see if it's abnormal.
My AMD Ryzen 5 5700g runs at 50 degrees Celsius during medium/low load (2 screens, 6 chrome tabs, steam + discord).

I've seen it go up to 79 degrees running poorly optimized games and I'm looking to upgrade my CPU-cooler to get the temps down a bit, but technically the silicon should be able to handle a bit higher temps. Lower temps might increase the longevity of the components, which I'm hoping for.

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks again for sharing your experience. I guess you are right and I am going to contact HP support..^^

HP Recommended

So after contacting the support the solution for me was this: open win command prompt as administrator and run "sfc /scannow" this restored some files. I also deinstalled HP OMEN Gaming Hub app, since this caused the PC to run at high rpm/Temps when under stress.

Now my max. Temp is 80°C peak when CPU runs at 100% for a longer time; overage is 75°C under stress. 

Maybe this will help anyone who has the same problem and comes across this post..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.