Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day!

THANK YOU FOR HELP!!!

I and mother  have two HP computers ( computer 1-HP285  and  computer 2 -HP 690 Gaming Desktop ).
On computer 1, My mother  used the  utility HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS UEFI  and created a bootable USB flash drive.

Can I use this bootable USB  flash drive  for my computer number 2  HP 690 Gaming Desktop TOO ?

Is USB flash drive  created separately for each computer? ( separately for HP285 , separately for HP 690 Gaming Desktop )?
THANK YOU FOR HELP!!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@grigtar , welcome to the forum.

We are glad to see that you are a HP family!  :Wink:

You will have to make a HP Recovery drive for your computer, also.  The drives are computer specific with different information.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Good day!

I want to use a bootable USB flash drive to check the health of computer components.

THANK YOU !!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @grigtar !

You should give the USB flash for your mother's computer a try if the computers are the same.  I can't guaranty that it will work, however.  If not, simply make one for your computer.

HP Recommended

Good day!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP ,SUPPORT !!!

How to understand:

"The computers are the same".?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP ,SUPPORT !!!

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @grigtar !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.