Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1227 c
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion p7-1227 c and want to set up a second monitor.   I am a computer novice.   This PC doesn't have an HD connection.   Can this be done and if so how?  

Figure : Back I/O panel

1. USB 2.0: 2
  2. S/PDIF
  3. VGA
  4. DVI-D
  5. LAN
  6. USB 2.0: 2
  7. USB 3.0: 2
  8. Audio: Center/Subwoofer port (yellow orange)
  9. Audio: Rear Speaker Out port (black)
  10. Audio: Side Speaker Out port (gray)
  11. Audio: Line In port (light blue)
  12. Audio: Line Out port (lime)
  13. Audio: Microphone port (pink)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to connect one monitor to the blue VGA port and one to the white DVI port.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to connect one monitor to the blue VGA port and one to the white DVI port.

HP Recommended

Hp website says can be used simultaneously 

then after plugged in might have to right click desktop, click display settings and at the bottom there is extend the desktop. You can move the boxes with the 1&2 in them to either side as well as choose which one has the primary start bar in it. (Primary)  should try to use the main one with the hdmi/dvi and use the secondary Rgb even though it will boot to rgb first

HP Recommended

Thank you.   This worked great.   

HP Recommended

I appreciate it.  This worked great.  I didn’t want to purchase another monitor until if I could connect it.   

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.