Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
690-0010

Good evening everyone,i need someone to do me a big favor,can anyone with an Hp pavilion 790-0050xt or any Hp pavilion that has a 500w PSU send me a picture of their motherboard where the Psu connectors go? I want to upgrade to a 500w from a 310W but since the motherboards for the newer models are different i don't want to buy any HP psu yet.my PSU has 2   cables with 4 pins,and a third cable which is a small 7 pin connector with only 3 cables in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply,i have solved my issue,the secret is that any PSU will work with HP sunflower,berks,and lincs motherboard as long as you supply the proper voltage to its parts,so any PSU that has 2 4 pin connectors or even an adapter will work,youll just need to do the paper clip trick to turn on the PSU,now the 500w HP PSU i bought from a 790-0050 worked perfectly on my HP 690-0010,has all of the same connectors plus more for a GPU,now the power supply is a little larger,but it still fits in tje motherboard,not perfectly thought since the design is different from the fan area,i i can only screw in 1 screw,the rest dont align but its fine since its held good.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I don't have a 790 PC.

I can tell you the HP 690-0010 310 watt PSU is a small form factor part (SFF).

The compatible 500 watt HP PSU having the same MB connections is not a SFF PSU. A compatible HP 500 watt PSU may fit but this can only be determined by buying one to see if it works in your PC's chassis. There is no definitive HP documentation.

A retail PSU such as Seasonic, or Corsair, or EVGA is not going to work in your HP 690 PC.

You have a proprietary MB and a proprietary PSU with proprietary connectors. 

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply,i have solved my issue,the secret is that any PSU will work with HP sunflower,berks,and lincs motherboard as long as you supply the proper voltage to its parts,so any PSU that has 2 4 pin connectors or even an adapter will work,youll just need to do the paper clip trick to turn on the PSU,now the 500w HP PSU i bought from a 790-0050 worked perfectly on my HP 690-0010,has all of the same connectors plus more for a GPU,now the power supply is a little larger,but it still fits in tje motherboard,not perfectly thought since the design is different from the fan area,i i can only screw in 1 screw,the rest dont align but its fine since its held good.

HP Recommended

Hi Alex10787,

You're very welcome.

Keep the factory PSU while you are in warranty.

HP may not honor the warranty with the 500 watt PSU installed and I would not ship the PC with one screw securing the PSU to the chassis.

Regards

HP Recommended

Anyone with an HP pavilion 690-0010 or any similar model can upgrade to a 500w power supply as long as your motherboard is sunflower or berks,as long as it has 4 pin connectors.the 500w power supply also has a 8 pin for graphics card,its a 6+2 connection

Part number is L05757-800

The small white pin connectors (shortest cables on the PSU are for PSU fans only) 

HP Recommended

Hello,do you know maybe where can I buy it in Europe or what is the part number,thank you very much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.