Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
I don't know why anyone would want to overclock the omen x models. the components they have used are such dog turd that you will thermal throttle the moment you try. Not to mention the air flow in those cases is almost non existent.

And with no real way to control fan speed of both the chassis and aio fan you are just asking for trouble.

I just gutted mine and started fresh with a new build. There is 0 point to even trying to overclock anything from the omen range.

I'm running a 7700k at 5.1ghz and never see thermals above 76c and that is what I was getting on stock speeds in the omen on a 6600k.

Just plain and simple cost cutting measures and cheating out on components. Shame on Hp for trying that **bleep** on products aimed at gamers and enthusiasts.
HP Recommended

I am dissapointed in this miss information.  Before I bought my Omen laptop I read the web description where it said I will be able to OC my processor.  Not being much of a computer nerd I didn't any further.  No when I actually want to do it I find out I can not do it 😞  Such a let down...

HP Recommended

welcome to the clyb , athough I made peace with my self  about it and completly  let OC go as an option I know for sure I wont buy any hp PC or laptop for a looooong long time may be ever again nor will I ever recomend hp as a company to take in consideration for any PC/laptop solution or any hw for that mater of fact 

HP Recommended

I had to upgrade my mobo in my Omen X to overclock, I swapped to an MSI Z270M Mortar. Works okay, I managed to get to 4.8ghz from the bios of course.

HP Recommended

nice how about front panel LED did you manget to get them working too ??? 

HP Recommended

Sadly no, All I have is the power button atm. Which I had to buy an extension for lmao. The cable that comes with the case is  SO SHORT.

HP Recommended

this fu*king thing is still under waranty so  Im not touching it but nonce I pass that time Ill digg in my self heavily Im also looking for a good  micro mobo taht could eventualy support the front led  if it is not some hp exlusive BS,however even then Il find a way to get them light up atleast in one color . 
I cheked your mobo spec so what is then RGB Mystic light ?? Somthing on your mobo or pins to conect exteranl led sources ? 

HP Recommended

@Draza47 wrote:
My question is, what is the purpose of HP doing this? Shouldn't it be obvious to them that this isn't what a gamer would want?

They point you to Intel XTU because if you OC and Brick your system HP is not liable, Intel is.  that's it. the only reason is so the wont get sued. 

HP Recommended
Brick your system on an OC?
You can damage your components if you continually push them past TJ but I have never heard of bricking your system on an PC in 15 years of overclocking.

The reason they point you to XTU is because you cannot physically OC based on the **bleep**ty hardware they give you despite making false claims that you can OC. XTU is a bloody cop out and no overclocker that is worth their salt would use it.

It has nothing to do with getting sued.
HP Recommended

This pretty much..

It's funny how the mobo the Omen X comes with is an MSI board yet it is incapable of overclocking. Not only that but (mine anyways) was an MSI board with a Z170 chipset yet it still had no options to overclock..

Why couldn't they just source out ANOTHER mobo from a different company so we could overclock lmao

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.