Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen desktop

hello i just recently bought this pc from someone on facebook to upgrade from my laptop to  play video games, i did not know however that it was hdwid banned from the game and other games i looked into playing, is there anyways to get a new hwid i read forums saying only getting a new hardrive, i was hoping that wasn't the case as i just spend a hefty amount to get this pc any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It all depends on what type of ban was used on that machine. Swapping hard drives might not always work if the ban was IP, Mac address or Motherboard ID related.  Thing is, you aren't really gonna till you try a few things out.

This is one of the many risks of buying a used PC from someone you don't know.  🙁

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.