Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hissing crackle noise distortion with any headphones used on the pc. I have updated all drivers, changed all settings sound settings but still the hissing crackle is there. Very annoying as I have to drown it out by listening to everything a loud volumes

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

I have always refrained using the front audio headphone jack: poor shielding on the cable. If this cable is close to a power cable you can have this problem.

Try the rear headphone jack. Same problem on the rear jack suggests a hardware problem (possibly the headphones) if all drivers are up to date.

You could run a check disk to verify system files are okay by opening an elevated command prompt (administrator)

Run each command as follows:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

After completion of the first command then run:

sfc scannow

Or try a clean install of the HP audio software.

Last resort is to back up data. Do a clean operating system installation.

HP Recommended

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried the fixes already without success. I have tried 3 pairs of headphones and my desk speakers. The problem remains. Since posting my original question the crackling has become progressively worse, the rgb lights no longer work and my keyboard and hard drives randomly disconnect and reconnect. Research suggests the likely possibility that the motherboard is failing. I've only had this pc a few weeks, really gutted to be honest. Thanks again. Regards Craig 

HP Recommended

Hi

My pleasure.

Yes I agree, it sounds like bad hardware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.