Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 690-0083
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’m looking to upgrade the gpu cpu and psu to the max and reliable cability without changing cases, or blowing it up. I have a 500g ssd and 32 gigs of ram already added please let me know my best options ( price is not an issue) 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mhalterman101 

Here is my spreadsheet on the HP proprietary designed PSU units,  the max being 500W, the L05757-800.   The HP 690 is a series, the 0083 is the model. Your unit has a Sunflower AMD Ryzen 5 2400g, which is slightly less than an I5-8400.  Here are the specifications on the motherboard, your in the middle of the list.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

With the stock PSU (if you have the 400W one) you are looking at Ryzen 7 2700 and RTX 2070, above that GPU I haven't tested. 

HP Recommended

Please if you are upgrading parts from HP’s stuff, don’t stick with the case. There are a lot better ones out there that’ll give you a lot better performance. Plus stuff will actually fit a lot better too.

HP Recommended

He will have to replace the motherboard too in this situation, at at this point, might as well just not buy and HP prebuild and just put one together on his own...

HP Recommended

I mean honestly, that would make the most sense. A good case and MB only cost around $200-300. That isn't much when he is upgrading the main parts and it'll only help the long life and upgradability of the system. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.