Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-126na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I need help with a card upgrade, atm it has a gtx 1060 3gb and it just isn't enough for the latest games cause I like 160fps plus, I need help to choose a card that will fit my computer and if I need to changed other parts, I have a omen 870-126na 

Specs- Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz 16GB 3TB 256GB SSD DVD-Writer NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Graphics

Odense2-S motherboard Form factor: uATX: 24x24 cm (9.4x9.4 in)
Chipset: H170
Memory sockets: 2 x DDR4
Processor socket: LGA 1151
Expansion Slots:
One PCI-E (GEN 3) x16 socket
One PCI-E (GEN 3) x1 socket
One M.2 socket 1, key A
One WLAN LED header

300 W internal ATX E-STAR 6.0 Bronze power supply

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Ouskie 

You could basically install what ever card you  want as long as there is enough physical room in the case.

Only way to know is to take a tape measure and measure the amount of distance from the front of the existing card, to the other side where the space ends in the case. Then look up the specs of what ever card you're buying and compare the measurements.

You only have a 300w power supply, so you will have to upgrade that also. Its a full ATX type of PSU. Look up the specs of what ever card you are going to purchase and see what its power requirements are.

Ask yourself what kind of Monitor are you using?  4K, standard 1080p high refresh rate, or standard 60Hz? What games do you play?

What card all depends on your needs. 😉

HP Recommended

I’m going for 1080 at 169 FPS plus, I got a 144 hertz monitor but it struggles to get 60 FPS if I scope with a high scope gun lol will my mother board be fine with the latest cards then? I might have to buy a mini 1080 or something then and a new psu, thanks for your reply 🙂 

HP Recommended

Will this card fit my pc? 

PNY GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB XLR8 Gaming Overclocked Edition Graphics Card

HP Recommended

OK let me explain again.

Go to their website and get the dimensions. For this card its...

https://www.pny.com/GeForce-RTX-2070-8GB-XLR8-Gaming-Overclocked-Edition-Dual-Fan

This is what it says for USA measurements in inches. You can covert to metric if needed.

Its dual slot and 9.25 inches long.

pny 2070 dimensions.JPG

Take a tape measure and measure the inside of the space available. If your system has a video card bracket holding the back of the card, you can take that off and measure the distance.

I have no way of knowing what the measurements are in your case. You have to measure it.

HP Recommended

Okay, and the motherboard will be fine and able to run it?

HP Recommended

Yes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.