Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to update my GPU driver (AMD Radeon R9 390X) on the Omen 870-003na to the latest version - Adrenalin 19.12.2.

However, whenever I try installing a new driver from the AMD website, my PC goes into a boot cycle where I end up having to reinstall an older driver. 

At present, I am running Crimson 17.11.2, and cannot install anything later without the boot cycle occuring.

I have contact AMD support who, after numerous emails back and forth, advised contacting HP to see if there was a vendor specific driver (??).

Can anybody help me update my GPU driver successfully?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would suspect you may have a AMD graphics card which has been modified by HP if you cannot install the latest AMD drivers.

This HP Support site (Link) shows the latest driver for this card.

The R9 390X (Link) does not appear to be an OEM graphics card so I don't know why you can't install the latest AMD drivers.

AMD directed you to HP. Contact HP Support (Link).

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.