Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey guys i am wanting to add a coolmaster 120mm rgb fan to the top of my omen 25L. I plan on plugging the power into the “pump” slot on the mother board but i am confused on how i can get the rgb to work. Is there a rgb header on this mother board? If not how can i get around this so that i can get the rgb to work? 

I am very new to all of this so anything helps. Thanks 

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

@Ttobin39,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

You brought up a question I am looking at myself right now, though not for an Omen.

According to: c06592761.pdf (hp.com), your Omen 25L motherboard has at least one RGB fan connector slot, presumably (?) already occupied.  That would mean, at least how I see it, that if you have/want more than one RGB controlled cooling fan, you need to use an RGB cable splitter such as this one: 

NonSequitur777_0-1655090827123.png

Reference: MICRO CONNECTORS 3-Pin Addressable RGB (ARGB) 1 to 4 Splitter Cable - 30cm with Male Pins : Electron....

However, if you need the three-pin RGB/LED splitter as seen here:

NonSequitur777_2-1655091851215.png

Then the aforementioned Amazon link also has the three-pin RGB splitter cable available.

Btw, I could be mistaken, but I believe that the "LC_PUMP" 4-pin fan power connection wouldn't be fan-speed controllable, and a cooling fan connected to this connection would instead run at full tilt.  I believe you need fan power through a SYS fan connection. (Perhaps a 4-pin fan power splitter cable is needed?).

Hope this was useful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hey! This was helpful!

when you are mentioning the one rgb fan connector from that link, are you referencing (10)? I can’t find that on my mother board and the images aren’t the same as my motherboard 

HP Recommended

Here is a picture of my mother board. Also there is a random wire that says “rgb round fan cable” could this be used for something ?

image.jpg

HP Recommended

E3195782-6EC1-471A-B7EF-BAB9B9AD26EF.jpeg

HP Recommended

@Ttobin39,

Yes, I am referencing #10.  -What System SKU# and motherboard version do you have?  Please type in System Information in your Windows search bar, left-click on the System Information App.  I need the blue outlined info to assist further.)

NonSequitur777_0-1655093331076.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

13Z02AA#ABA

HP Recommended

@Ttobin39,

Thank you.

Interesting, because HP SSID 8704 is the "Dorado" motherboard, as referenced (c06592761.pdf (hp.com)) earlier.

Didn't find much under System SKU in HP's PartSurfer in terms of system board (motherboard) information: https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=13Z02AA.

Does your desktop have any RGB cooling fan(s) or other RGB enhanced hardware installed?

If it is not too much trouble, please take a picture of the connecting end of the “rgb round fan cable” -which, come to think of it, should be what you would need.  As so often though, digging up information from HP's vast data bases is challenging.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I really appreciate your help with this!!

I do not have any rgb other than the normal rgb littles that are at the top of the case. Here is a picture of the cable mentioned above. It is a 4 pin and is located right under the new fan i just installed. I can find where it connects to though cause it goes behind the back

HP Recommended

Based on the type of material used on the wire it seems it might be connected to one of these two spots. My best guess is the CN1 spot at the bottom

9CAA0C1E-B019-4B6D-A914-809EF24D000A.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.