Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 27i Monitor
Microsoft Windows 11

I don't actually have a question, I just hope some people come here instead of the question I'm going to be correcting, which is now locked.

This is the question in, well, question: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-to-wall-mount-the-Omen-27i-monitor...

In it, the user claims they spoke to HP Support and that Support told them there was no User Guide for the document. That may have happened, but I can promise the User Guide did very much exist. I worked for HP Support when this monitor came out and own the display myself, and it's had a User Guide since day one.

Here is the link to the guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06636426.pdf

The guide, on Page 2, very clearly states that the monitor has "VESA® mounting capability (100 ˟ 100 ms) for attaching the display to a swing arm mount." This monitor was never intended to be wall-mounted. I understand some may find this frustrating, but a growing number of monitors these days do not have any VESA compatibility at all, and almost nobody wall-mounts a computer monitor, so this is a pretty sensible feature for most users.

Another point is the idea that it should come with a bracket. For the intended use (which, again, only includes VESA arm mounts) no bracket is needed. Simply remove the stand and you'll find the four VESA mounting holes in a 100mm x 100mm configuration, granted at a 45-degree offset from the standard orientation. This is not a problem for arms with a rotation of at least 45 degrees.

Anyway, hopefully, this will help people. I hate that questions become locked. A question like this one can become locked with incorrect information and people will find it in and may assume that's all there is to it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @CamdenQ ! 🙂

Welcome to the community,  in this case, we thank you for sharing the solution, so that you can help other users who are experiencing the same problem.

And just to explain any thread that has no activity under certain period of time will be locked automatically by the system.

Please, reach out if we can help you with anything else.

Kind regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @CamdenQ ! 🙂

Welcome to the community,  in this case, we thank you for sharing the solution, so that you can help other users who are experiencing the same problem.

And just to explain any thread that has no activity under certain period of time will be locked automatically by the system.

Please, reach out if we can help you with anything else.

Kind regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.