1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hp 2080ti RGB control software

HP Recommended
HP Rtx 2080ti
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I am now using my HP Oem rtx 2080ti in a non HP desktop.

Is there anyway I can control the RGB lighting on the card? Omen command center cannot be installed on non HP products as and such the lighting is stuck at the default red. 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
24,021 23,680 2,754 9,818
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ApacheWR , welcome to the forum.

Most all of the LED software can only be used on the components for which it was developed.  You could try Corsair ICUE and MSI Dragon Center, but I doubt that either will work.  Again, they are manufacturer specific.

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG Z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; MSI GH70 Immerse LED Headset; 3- Corsair QL140 RGB Fans w/Commander Pro and Lighting Node Core; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7855 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
12,138 11,934 1,251 3,823
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen Command Center can be installed on non HP computers and even Android phones, because it is needed to control HP peripherals and HP game screen sharing between Omen and non HP PC's. But I don't know if it will control the lighting on the graphics card. It might want the HP RGB hardware controller installed which is proprietary.

Try installing the app Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store , then go to windows updates and let it search for any updates, even if it shows it up to date.  It wont harm anything to try it.

You could always create a restore point to revert back to, if you're concerned about any issues.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation