Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Rtx 2080ti
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I am now using my HP Oem rtx 2080ti in a non HP desktop.

Is there anyway I can control the RGB lighting on the card? Omen command center cannot be installed on non HP products as and such the lighting is stuck at the default red. 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ApacheWR , welcome to the forum.

Most all of the LED software can only be used on the components for which it was developed.  You could try Corsair ICUE and MSI Dragon Center, but I doubt that either will work.  Again, they are manufacturer specific.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Omen Command Center can be installed on non HP computers and even Android phones, because it is needed to control HP peripherals and HP game screen sharing between Omen and non HP PC's. But I don't know if it will control the lighting on the graphics card. It might want the HP RGB hardware controller installed which is proprietary.

Try installing the app Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store , then go to windows updates and let it search for any updates, even if it shows it up to date.  It wont harm anything to try it.

You could always create a restore point to revert back to, if you're concerned about any issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.