Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen obelisk 8CG8446JSR

So I looked on the forums and found a lot of other people have had my same problem which is that my omen obelisk is beeping when I turn it on, 3 long beeps and then 3 short beeps just like everyone else. This started happening a couple days after I got it! I literally did nothing to the pc before this started happening. I really need help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Th error code you are seeing is as follows:

Hardware
The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from graphics initialization.
Indicates potential graphics chip failure.
For integrated configuration:
  1. For integrated configuration, confirm if graphics is on processor or system board.
  2. For integrated where graphics is on the CPU, swap known good processor.
  3. For integrated configuration, replace system board and/or processor as appropriate. If the add-in card requires additional power, verify the cord is plugged in.
For non-integrated configuration:
  1. Reseat card if able.
  2. Test known good card if able.
  3. Replace affected component.

I would think you have the non-integrated GPU config.

You may have to contact HP Support (Link) if reseating the GPU does not work.

Regards

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply. I'm assuming you fixed this but for anyone else having this issue... Make sure your display is on before turning the computer on. Not sure what caused this, but I ran into this as well and making sure the display is already on first fixed it.

HP Recommended

Hey, same thing happened to me. After reseating the RAM and graphics card, it started working.  Then when I tried to turn it on before the monitor was on, it made those beeping sounds. Saw this post and it worked finally.  Is it normal for the monitor to have to be on before the desktop?  This is my first gaming pc and never had this issue with other regular computers.

Im still in the return period and I was wondering if I should return it.

HP Recommended

That is very strange indeed.

I don't have an Obelisk to test with so I was wondering, are you guys powering off the monitors at the power button every time you also turn off the PC, thus having to manually turn it back on the next day?

Or is this also happening if you simply let the monitor go on Standby after you turn the PC off?

If the monitor is just on Standby, and you still have to press the power button off and on to wake it first, that is going to be a real PTA.

Incidentally I never turn my monitor off, just the tower only. But Ive never had an issue with the previous Omen series giving a bios beep because of a monitor either.

HP Recommended

Hi,

That behavior is perplexing.

I use a HDMI video connection and also have my monitor in standby.

Can't see why the MB would balk when the monitor is off at startup.

Regards

HP Recommended

Ill wait to see what they say, then I can report it to IC and see if anything can be fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.