Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp omen desktop 870-244 is having an issue where I can't get into windows 10, when I turn the PC on it just has a black screen with the Omen logo and the only way I fix it for just one time, is pressing F11 on startup and then pressing Continue to windows 10, and that fixes it for one time and not forever. This happened when I got a new keyboard and I Installed a new driver for it, and restarted the Pc, the driver and what I downloaded was safe, no malware. But now I just get the Omen logo ever since that restart. Someone please help. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Did you try uninstalling the keyboard driver and what ever else you installed?

or

Can you revert the PC back to a restore point?

System Restore Points (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

I have uninstalled the driver, by removing the software. I do not know how to restore/revert. I would love to know how.

HP Recommended

I do not know how to restore/revert. I would love to know how.

Did you look at the link I posted above?  It explains how.

But.. If Restore Points were not enabled prior to your installing the new drivers/software,  then you cannot revert.

If startup is still giving you the same issue, you might have to do an HP Factory Recovery which would reinstall Windows back to the way it was at purchase. This means it will wipe the drive, so you will want to backup your data to an external source if want to keep it.  How to perform an HP Factory Recovery

HP Recommended

Ok i might just have to wipe it, I do not know what to do with my keyboard and the software with it, so do I just have to hope it doesn't do it again?

HP Recommended

What keyboard and software is it?

Normally, adding a keyboard should not be a problem.

HP Recommended

It's a Corsair k70 rapidfire mk.2

I installed Corsair ICue for RGB control.

HP Recommended

I have iCue installed on my Omen 880 and have not had any problems.

Next time around If you reinstall or run the HP recovery, before you get too far installing stuff, enable Restore Points.

If you have an issue again, you can revert the system back prior to the problem.

The first link I gave explains how to enable it.

Another safety net would be to get yourself an external USB hard drive and a USB thumb drive.

Then you can make an image of the entire hard drive as a backup. If the drive ever crashed, you have an image of it that can be reinstalled to the existing drive, or a new drive with all your games already installed. IOMEI or Macrium Reflect are both free programs that can do this.

HP Recommended

Ill also add, you can run the HP UEFI Diagnostics and check your hard drive. I dont think its faulty, but its a good idea to run the check anyway.

Rapidly tap the F2 key at startup (when you press the power button to turn it on) to access the UEFI Diagnostics menu. Choose Component Tests and run the Quick test for the hard drive. If it finds nothing, run the Extensive test. If it finds nothing again, you should be OK.

If it does find an issue, the hard drive will most likely have to be replaced because its failing.

HP How to use Diagnostics

HP Recommended

I ran the hard drive test and it passed, I will recover the Pc and reset. I would just want to know what the issue is.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.